Search for content in message boards

Hudspeth Family of Lindsay

Replies: 6

Hudspeth Family of Lindsay

Posted: 7 Feb 2008 1:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for information on Adam Cairns Hudspeth (1887-1924), brother of Mary Cecile Vivian Hudspeth, Katheryn Crawford Hudspeth, Hariette Gertrude Hudspeth, and Helen Wyndham Hudspeth. There was a fifth daughter who died at age 2 months and is burried at Lindsay.

They were the children of Adam Hudspeth Sr, QC, MP for Victoria Co., and Harriet Miles. Adam, Sr., donated the land for the first Anglican church in Lindsay. His political career was supported by Sam Hughes.

They were the grandchildren of Robert Hudspeth and Mary Ann (Marianne) Cairns of Cobourg, and Robert S. Miles of Cobourg. Both grandfathers had been Hudson's Bay Company Chief Factors. Mary Ann Cairns was the daughter of the Rev. Adam Cairns of Loughforgan Parish in Scotland. Adam and his sisters were the nephew/nieces of Thomas Hudspeth, the older brother of Adam Hudspeth,Sr. Thomas Hudspeth was also a lawyer.

Adam Cairns Hudspeth married Muriel Maye Evans, grand-daughter of The Rev Strachan Bethune. The Bethunes were yet another great fur trading family. Adam and Muriel had two children, Miles Hamilton Bethune Hudspeth (b. 1908 - he married Elsa Rosenberg and they had one known child) and Harriet Maye Hudspeth (she married Kenneth Morrison and they had one know child).

In one of those weird genealogical twists, as per the 1901 census, Adam's three youngest sisters becames wards of Ann Sophia Evans of Port Hope, a paternal aunt of Adam's wife.

Can anyone help me locate descendants or help me fill in the tree as to the family's activities in Lindsay.

Thanks,

Lili Kennedy
Toronto, ON
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LiliinTO 7 Feb 2008 8:28PM GMT 
satch42179 7 Feb 2008 11:47PM GMT 
LiliinTO 8 Feb 2008 3:34AM GMT 
herstorygal 25 May 2012 6:45AM GMT 
LiliinTO 25 May 2012 12:40PM GMT 
Leerail 10 Oct 2012 6:26PM GMT 
ron11381 27 Nov 2013 6:32AM GMT 
per page