Search for content in message boards

Robert Henry BOYD & Annie Isabella WILKINSON in Burlington & Hamilton

Replies: 5

Robert Henry BOYD & Annie Isabella WILKINSON in Burlington & Hamilton

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BOYD WILKINSON MOORE
I am looking for an obituary (or any information, really) on my grandfather, Robert Henry BOYD. He died in Joseph Brant Hospital in Burlington on January-6-1969 at the age of 61. His death record names Dodsworth & Brown as the funeral director and the "proposed" burial location as the Hamilton Cemetery. I am considering writing to all 3 of those places to ask for help. He was a Baker and his last residence was 1047 Lakeshore Road in Burlington. His death record further names his wife as Annie Isabella WILKINSON. This is not my grandmother and so now I am looking for how to find if he divorced her and to find if and when he married Annie. The first evidence I can find of them being together was in the 1957 voters list for Hamilton. I've done a little research on Annie and have found her birth, first marriage to Clarence Reginald MOORE in 1921, some census records and other data on her family. I don't know if she was widowed or divorced, but I did find her burial in the Hamilton Cemetery. She died in 1980. I found a picture of her gravestone on the CanadaGenWeb Cemetery Project website where the name "BOYD" is engraved under hers and there is a funny looking mark under that. I can't tell if it is on the actual headstone or on the photo, but it reads "Robert Boy". Doesn't make sense. So, I still don't know where he is buried. I would also like to check for an obit for Annie (although I don't have an exact death date) and probate records for Robert and Annie, but not sure where to start.

The reason I know so little about him is that after he emigrated to Toronto from Scotland in 1927, he married my grandmother, had 4 children and then during the Great Depression he went to Alberta for work. One thing led to another, they were never reunited and contact with him was lost. I've only JUST found his death record. His birthdate was July-5-1907 in Rutherglen, Scotland and I have some info on his parents and siblings, but nobody knew his fate.

Any help or direction would be so very gratefully appreciated.

Jo-Ann (in BC)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
joblom99 11 Dec 2012 11:00PM GMT 
O_Lorelei 12 Dec 2012 12:14AM GMT 
joblom99 8 Jan 2013 9:50PM GMT 
HaTTie_Wil 31 Dec 2012 6:40AM GMT 
joblom99 31 Dec 2012 8:57PM GMT 
joblom99 9 Jan 2013 4:48AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic