Search for content in message boards

Mattie Kirk Ainsworth

Replies: 0

Mattie Kirk Ainsworth

Posted: 5 Mar 2013 6:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kirk/Suby
My name is Mark Suby and I live in Mason City, Ia. Mattie Kirk was my father's Aunt. She also taught school for a while in Fertile, Worth Co. Ia. Her brother James was my gg grandfather. I have some pictures left behind by grandmother Iva Florence Kirk Suby daughter of James Kirk and Emma Randina Lucken. I would be happy to share my information. James and Fred Ainsworth were partners in a furniture store and undertaking business once on Fertile. Before James married Emma he was living with Mattie and Fred in Penn.

Ina Ainsworth and Avaline Pyle made a number of visits to see my grandmother. Ina died sometime ago in a Phoenix nursing home. For me the lives of Mattie and Fred were somewhat interesting as well as mysterious.

My father Roger Suby is 86 and lives next door me. He has memories of William Kirk who was Mattie's father. I have some pictures of the homestead located between Fertile and Hanlonton, Ia. It has crumbled and fallen in last few years and has become unrecognizable. At one time it was stop for the stagecoach line.

Would be happy to correspond with you....

You can reach me at the following:
Mark Suby
100 North Ohio Ave
Mason City, Ia 50401
mcsuby@hotmail.com
641-425-6808
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic