Search for content in message boards

KIRK burials in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Stoney Creek: Thomas, Ethel

Replies: 5

KIRK burials in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Stoney Creek: Thomas, Ethel

Posted: 9 Mar 2013 6:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2013 7:49PM GMT
I am looking for any information on the Thomas Kirk and Ethel Kirk buried, according to the OGS, in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens in Stoney Creek. I have reason to believe, but am not 100% sure, that this Thomas may be my uncle.

I am seeking this information especially:

1. names and dates on the Kirk stone(s);
2. relationship, if any, of Ethel to Thomas.

My Thomas Gardiner Kirk was born 25 Jan 1900 in Dundee, Scotland. He was a young child when his parents decided to emigrate to Canada. The family lived for a few years in Montreal and then moved on to Welland, Ontario. Thomas was the second oldest of 10 children. He eventually left home to seek employment in Michigan.

Thomas married (9 Jul 1920 in Detroit, Michigan) to Martha Hess (born Ont.). They had a daughter together, Dorothy Kirk. This marriage at some point broke up and both Thomas and Martha remarried. Dorothy remained with her mother and stepfather in the Detroit area. Thomas died in the Hamilton area circa 1966.

I am curious to know if the Ethel buried in Chapel Hill is Thomas' second wife buried with him in the same plot or a complete stranger buried elsewhere in the cemetery.

The only information I have from an old family tree is that the second wife's name was "Grace" but there is always the possibility that she was 'Ethel Grace" or "Grace Ethel".

Any help will be much appreciated.

Sharon
Welland, Ontario

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sharon2491 9 Mar 2013 1:56PM GMT 
satch42179 9 Mar 2013 10:54PM GMT 
Sharon2491 10 Mar 2013 12:25AM GMT 
Tracer3 23 Mar 2013 10:51PM GMT 
Sharon2491 24 Mar 2013 7:17PM GMT 
Tracer3 30 Mar 2013 11:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic