Search for content in message boards

Cemetery Look-ups

Replies: 0

Cemetery Look-ups

Posted: 11 May 2013 7:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Everyone

I see a lot of posts looking for information. One resource that I have found very informative is the Hamilton Genealogical Society website. They have c/d's for sale at very resonable prices (around $20) that show a lot of the Hamilton / Burlington and area cemetery headstone transcriptions. There are hand drawn maps and alphabetical lists which make finding the cemetery plots a lot easier, and I am sure they will appreciate the funding.

The other way I find things is to personally visit the Hamilton Cemetery Head Office on York Street (across from Dundurn Castle), they are only open during regular business hours which makes weekends problematic, if you have a name and are pretty sure of the cemetery they can usually point you right to the cemetery plot, this is especially helpful when the plot is unmarked as I have found in a few cases so far. If that is the case, the grounds crew are also usually helpful to point you in the right direction, I have never been disappointed yet.

Armed with both these sources of information you can usually find everyone that you look for.

Regards

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions