Early Settlement of King
by:Elizabeth McClure Gillham
Linton & Bell's Lake
a hamlet Conc.9,Hw.27 & 17th sideroad King Twp.
South of Linton & north of sidroad l6,conc.9,there
was a settlement known as Bells Lake.On map of l860
settlement was called Kingsville,In l889 name was changed
to Loch Erne
The hotel by the lake was built in l890, by a man named
Bell. The bldg. was of wood.It had a dining room,open bar,
& livery stable. when prob.came bar license was revoked
but hotel was still there until 1912 when it was demolished.