Replies: 0

MOORE of East Gwillimbury, Newmarket Ontario Area

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 5:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MOORE DOAN BURCH WEDDEL
Greetings All!
I am a descendant of Calvin MOORE and Hannah DOAN
I am looking for info about Calvin's father Samuel MOORE
I found him on the 1851 Census, but have had no luck any further back than that. i ALSO HAVE A NEWSCLIPPING OF AN INTERVIEW given by my Great Grandmother Cecilia Victoria MOORE noting we descend from a Spanish Countess from the Napoleonic Wars. Would love to sort that one out, if anyone is interested.

Here is a very heavily edited Gen Report on "what i think i know" subject to corrections as more source documentation is found.

Generation 1

1. UNKNOWN1 MOORE .

Unknown Moore had the following child:

My Great Great Great Grandfather:
2. SAMUEL2 MOORE (Unknown1) was born about 1805 in Upper Canada (Birth Location found on son Calvin MOORE's Michigan death cert.). He died about 1878 (Burial: Selby Burying Grounds, Weddell Plot East Gwillimbury York, Ontario,). He married Margaret WEDDELL, daughter of John**** Weddel and Elizabeth JOHNSON about 1830. She was born about 1812 in East Gwillimbury, York, Ontario, Canada. She died on 03 Sep 1896 in East Gwillimbury, York Co., Ontario.

Samuel MOORE and Margaret WEDDELL had the following child:

My Great Great Grandfather

CALVIN3 MOORE***** was born on 01 Feb 1838 in East Gwillmbury, York, Ontario, Canada. He died on 24 Jan 1920 in St. Louis, Michigan, USA. He married HANNAH LUNDY**** DOAN. She was born on 03 Jul 1838 in East Gwillmsbury, Ontario, Canada.

My Great Grandmother:

CELIA VICTORIA****4 MOORE was born in Jan 1860 in Ontario, Canada. She died after 1943. She married JOSEPH HENRY BURCH. He was born on 16 Nov 1866 in Whitchurch, Ontario, Canada. He died on 09 Dec 1926 in York.

Notes: On the 1851 Census Samuel is declared a Quaker.

I have had no luck whatsoever despite 30+ years of research experience.

Any Guidance, or Connections for Samuel Greatly Appreciated.

Happy Hunting To All,
Noreen

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions