Search for content in message boards

Hyacinthe inconnu born 1840 in LaPrairie?

Replies: 1

Hyacinthe inconnu born 1840 in LaPrairie?

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 1:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
My gr-gr-grandfather was born in 1840 in Quebec. There are two listings for the name Hyacinthe for that year. One born in St. Andre-Est, the other in LaPrairie. I've already discounted the one in St. Andre (found records for him later), so am focused on LaPrairie. The record gives Hyacinthe Poupard as godfather, and it looks like Marie Guion as godmother. Throughout the first 25 pages of the registry for 1840, Hyacinthe Poupard appears several times as a godfather. The name Guinn is in some other records. Searches turn up no other records for Marie Guion or Marie Quinn or any other name I can come up with during that time frame in that area. I did find Hyacinthe living with Francois Laliberte and Louise Anguin (Anquin) on the 1851 census, and again with Francois and Dame Laliberte in 1861 (by this time he was married with a son named Dolphise,and has changed his name to Godfrey, the ages are right, so it confirms to me that this is right). Does anyone with more experience than I have a suggestion on how to proceed from here to determine if any of the people on the baptism record or the census are biological famiy to him?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
frauhahn51 24 Jan 2012 8:46PM GMT 
gervaistwig2 9 Apr 2014 1:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic