Search for content in message boards

1906 Headstone Parish Cemetery St-Bonaventure-d'Upton Look-up Request

Replies: 0

1906 Headstone Parish Cemetery St-Bonaventure-d'Upton Look-up Request

Posted: 3 Dec 2012 11:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LARAMÉE, FÉVRIER dit LARAMÉE, DESROCHERS
Having seen a previous thread re: St-François-du-Lac's parish cemetery, I'm not sure this burial & headstone, assuming there ever was one, still exist in the parish cemetery of St-Bonaventure-d'Upton.

However, if the burial does still survive, I hope somebody local to the parish can visit the cemetery and, assuming there is a headstone on the grave, can tell me what vital dates are recorded.

In 1906, parish members Herménégilde Fevrier dit Laramée & his wife, Marie Odélie Desrochers had a son born to them & baptised in this parish.

By the time of the 1911 census, this son was gone. Trees @ Ancestry give a DOD but no one with this DOD seems to know just where it came from and source their DOD to other trees.

What I am looking for is the grave of Joseph Ernest Laramée b. & baptized 10 Apr 1906 and died sometime between his birth and the 1911 census.

Trees @ Ancestry give a DOD of 14 July 1906 but have no sourcing to a répertoire entry, just to other trees.

I've checked page by page through Drouin filmings of the St-Bonaventure-d'Upton répertoire from J. Ernest's b/bapt through to the end of 1911. Nothing...no death/burial entry.

And, unfortunately the LDS filmings for this and other Qué. parishes on line end with 1900. I also don't see a FHL film in their library catalog for this parish beyond then.

Someone at some point must have gotten that DOD from somewhere.

The only "somewhere" I can think of is a headstone in a cemetery or perhaps the government's copy of the 1906 répertoire neither of which, living in the US, I have access to.

Other family members who might also be in the grave with J. Ernest are brothers:

Joseph Edmond b. 28 Mar 1891 d. 26 Sep 1891

Joseph Frédéric b. 5 Feb 1897 d. 3 Jun 1897

Joseph Dominique Télèspore b. 3 May 1898 d. 10 Jun 1898

Joseph Eliseé aka Alphonse b. 11 Dec 1903 d. 25 Mar 1904

Sometime between 1912 & 1914, the family moved out to Manitoba so the parents & none of the other siblings of J. Ernest are buried in this parish's cemetery.

Is it possible for someone to go out to the parish cemetery and look for a burial for J. Ernest and if there's a headstone, tell me what is inscribed for his DOD?

Thanks.

Find a board about a specific topic