Search for content in message boards

Rousseau's of Bellechasse, Quebec, Canada

Replies: 3

Rousseau's of Bellechasse, Quebec, Canada

Posted: 9 Oct 2009 12:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rousseau, Morin, Mercier, Theberge, Cadrin, Boutin, Pellerin, Laclair, Brooks

I have created a 70+ page file for descendents of Guillaume Rousseau born November 21, 1777, died Dec. 10, 1862 and his wife Marie Louise Morin born 1789. They were married Feb. 4, 1812 at Montmagny, Quebec, but all of their children were born at St. Vallier, Bellechasse. Some of these families lived at Armagh, Bellechasse.

I have names of 13 children for them including FIVE distinct daughters all with given name MARIE. Some people have posted online that one or more of these daughters was married multiple times but that information is wrong.

For example, their daughters:

Marie Anne Rousseau born about 1812 married Etienne Cadrin and had at least 13 children. She died in March 1894.

Marie Rousseau born abt. Dec. 14 1821 died and was buried Dec. 26, 1821. She was 12 days old when she died.

Marie Leocadie Rousseau was born about 1823 and died August 1906; was married to Thomas Theberge, at least 13 children.

Marie Rousseau born March 1824, died July 1873 was married to Francois Xavier Morin and had at least 7 children.

Another Marie Rousseau was born in same family August 7, 1826, unless this is Marie Leocadie wife of Thomas Theberge? (If so, then there were only four daughters named Marie.)

Another of Guillaume Rousseau and Marie Louise Morin's children was Francois Xavier Rousseau born 1815, married to Marie Reine Mercier. I cannot find a date of death for this Francois, but his wife Reine re-married on October 18, 1859 to Pierre BOUTIN, a man who was only four years older than her eldest Rousseau son. I have not yet found a date of death for Reine either. She and Pierre were at Armagh, Bellechasse in year 1901 for the census.

Does anyone have a date of death and place of death for Francois X. Rousseau, Marie Reine Mercier or Pierre Boutin?

Does anyone know if Reine Mercier and Pierre had children together?

I have names of TWELVE children for Marie Reine Mercier and Francois Xavier Rousseau, including two sons who died in Minnesota- Francois Xavier Rousseau 1839-1914, and Michel Elzear Rousseau 1847-1920.

At least two of the children went to Vermont and may have died at Bennington- I do not have dates of death for them yet: Sophie Rousseau born Jan. 1846 married to Francois Claude (Frank) Pellerin; they had at least 11 children, most of them born in Vermont, and Guillaume Napoleon Rousseau born November 1844 whom I believe is the direct ancestor of one of my sons in law.

Guillaume went by the name Napoleon or Paul, and in one census was recorded with the surname BROOKS. His wife was Lena Laclair, daughter of Stephen and Mary Laclair. I have names of eight children for Paul and Lena, most of them born in Vermont. Paul and Lena were still alive in 1920 at Bennington.

If anyone else researching these specific families or if anyone has additional information, or questions, please post here or contact me directly.

Thanks from Nora

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NoraMcL 9 Oct 2009 6:29PM GMT 
jjmmatteau 6 Jan 2011 6:00PM GMT 
jjmmatteau 6 Jan 2011 6:10PM GMT 
jjmmatteau 6 Jan 2011 6:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions