I'm hoping someone will be able to help me sort this out......
- The History of Stanstead Co. (see below...they have Warren listed as being b. 25 Dec., 1829 m. to Harriet (Dresser). The book has NO mention of Hiram.
- LDS - lists 'Hiram Howe' b. abt. 1825 of Stanstead, Quebec m. abt. 1851 to Harriet (Dresser)
- LDS - lists 'Hiram Howe' b. abt. 1830; m. 13 Nov., 1866 m. to Mary R. (Bacon); son of Jonas & Prudence (Hollister)
- Barnston Pleasantview CemeteryStanstead County, Quebec - lists 'Hiram Howe' b. 25 Dec., 1829; d. 26 July, 1911 husb. of Mary R. (Bacon)
- 1881 & 1901 Census lists 'Hiram Howe' m. to a 'Mary R.'
I would like to know IF there are two boys (twins) b. to Jonas & Prudence (Hollister) Howe by the name of Warren who m. Harriet (Dresser) & Hiram who m. Mary R. (Bacon) OR is Warren really Hiram who had two wives - 1. Harriet (Dresser) & 2. Mary R. (Bacon).
Any help to sort this out would be greatly appreciated.
HISTORY OF STANSTEAD COUNTY by B. F. HUBBARD
JONAS, 2ND, son of SQUIRE HOWE, was b. Feb. 22, 1797 - m. PRUDENCE HOLLISTER, b. Feb. 12, 1807. They settled on No. 9, 5th Range of Barnston. He d. April 4, 1855.
WARREN, b. Dec. 25, 1829 - m. HARRIET DRESSER
JUSTIS, b. Sept. 9, 1831.
JULIA, b. May 7, 1833 - m. GEORGE C. HANSON
JENETT, b. Feb. 22, 1835 - d. May 14, 1856
JANE C., b. May 6, 1837
LAURA, b. April 29, 1839 - d. July 31, 1857
EDWIN, b. Aug. 31, 1841
MARIA, b. March 28, 1843
EBER, b. Jan. 31, 1845