Search for content in message boards

Location of McIver (or McIver-Beaton Cemetery) near Milan

Replies: 5

Location of McIver (or McIver-Beaton Cemetery) near Milan

Posted: 27 Jul 2011 5:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McIver, Beaton
I am bringing my father-in-law, a 2 x great grandson of Angus McIver McIver (1805-1866) and Ann (McDonald) (1818-1889), on a genealogy trip to the the Eastern Townships in August. I would love to be able to find the McIver Cemetery (or the McIver-Beaton Cemetery) where his 2x great grandparents were supposedly buried and take him to visit it, but it sounds like it is not easy to find (based on various internet postings.

All I have on its location (from an internet posting) is:

"This cemetery is located beside the old Milan Road (Route 214) about one half mile northwest of Milan on property originally owned by Alex McIver. At the time it was opened it was alongside the main road from Milan to Stornoway. The cemetery for the most part has returned to nature with a few tombstones still visible among the trees. It is acccessible by footpath from MacArthur's Corner."

Since I do not know any geography in these parts, can some good soul give me a more precise location for this cemetery or at least some idea where "MacArthur's Corner" is?"

Any help would be very much appreciated.

(Failing this, I will certainly take him to see the monument in the Gisla Cemetery on Gisla Road (assuming that I can find that).

Thanks for any help in advance,
Floyd

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mitman37 27 Jul 2011 11:55PM GMT 
susanhreed 28 Jul 2011 1:00PM GMT 
mitman37 29 Jul 2011 9:51PM GMT 
SimionH 4 Nov 2012 10:46PM GMT 
mitman37 7 Nov 2012 1:35AM GMT 
SimionH 4 Nov 2012 10:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions