Search for content in message boards

All MacKay/McKay of Lewis relatives

Replies: 4

All MacKay/McKay of Lewis relatives

Posted: 15 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2001 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: MacRitchie, MacDonald, MacLeod, Humphrey, Morrison, et al
Angus McKay b. 1790 in Callanish, Isle of Lewis, m. Ann Smith b. 1795, emigrated to Whitton, Compton county from Stornoway in 1851 with Isabella, Kenneth, Ann, Catherine, Kirsty, Margaret, Marion,...Kenneth McKay born May 27, 1827, Uig, m. Catherine MacRitchie. All descendants and relatives please contact me? I am grandaughter of one of Kenneth and Catherine's children..Christine Ann McKay. I know there are MacRitchie descendants probably living in Toronto like myself! Desc. of Ann McKay and Donald MacDonald? of Margaret McKay and George Humphrey? Donald MacRitchie? Mary MacRitchie Brown? Rae Wallace? If Whitton doesn't ring a bell..the McKays lived also in Spring Hill, Quebec (now called Nantes). Cemetaries nearby are Echo Vale and Gisla. Looking at the Scots from Lewis and Harris to Quebec I am confused by the same Christian names repeating and the same surnames moving back and forth through marriages...I'm beginning to think all the Hebridean Scots are related. Any information greatly appreciated! wandofyew@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Wandofyew 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Pam Barter 18 May 2002 6:35PM GMT 
Doris 21 May 2002 7:11AM GMT 
Lavern_K 11 Jul 2002 5:16AM GMT 
barncorkrie 19 Aug 2012 8:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions