Search for content in message boards

Advice and guidance regarding where to start and tools to use

Replies: 3

Re: Advice and guidance regarding where to start and tools to use

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 9:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
hi
this whole geneology thing can be daunting at first - but it's so addicting once you get going

the information does not come without digging - it's like picking through a good detective novel - you have to be very patient and persistent.
Using Ancestrys search function - I just put in the information that you provided- Charles" name then added his date of birth in th elittle pull down section called life events
I putthat he was born in ireland - then pulled down again and added that he lived in Montral Quebec canada
then I added his spouse Elizabeth
at he bottom of that screen I ticked the box that says collections - I chose "Canadian only "
this hlps limit the info yu get otherwise it will be overwhelming.
I could see his 1901, 1911 census documants- this shows birth dates also children - which are good markers as you go ahead and try to separate out information from others with the same name. then it looks at some point as though he tried or did go to the US...
That took mt about 5 minutes so Im sure you will find good information - rememberto save stuff as you go - eoither on your tree if you are sure its correct or inyou shoe box if you need to think about it -
all the best!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dalton_Collee... 14 Nov 2008 10:08PM GMT 
susanhreed 16 Nov 2008 2:55PM GMT 
Dalton_Collee... 18 Nov 2008 6:43AM GMT 
lokoffwilson 23 Apr 2012 3:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions