Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR NEW RICHMOND AREA, COCHRAN, HARRIMAN, ETC.

Replies: 0

LOOKING FOR NEW RICHMOND AREA, COCHRAN, HARRIMAN, ETC.

Posted: 27 Sep 2012 2:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am doing some research on one of the branches in my family, and am trying to find information about the Cochranes in New Richmond area, who came over from Scotland in about 1830. I have extensive records from the internet, and from the family, but would like to have more records from the very early years, before the censuses were available. They were members of the church of Scotland, and many married people in that area. William Cochran and his wife, Margaret Dick were 2 of the first to come over. Their children were Janet/Jane, William, Margaret, Jean/Jane, John, Catherine, Hay Henry, and Robert. Janet/Jane was married to Gilbert McWhirter. Margaret was married to John McGregor. Jean/Jane was married to John Peebles. Catherine was married to John Wilson. Hay Henry was married first to Grace Powell, then to Manzie Harriman. William married Sarah Powell. Robert was married to Mary Stewart.

Can anyone help me find information on these folks from the early years, or direct me to a source of that information?

Find a board about a specific topic