Search for content in message boards

Quebec Death Index and Marriage Index request

Replies: 2

Re: Objet : Quebec Death Index and Marriage Index request

Posted: 27 Nov 2012 5:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, Fred,
Many, many thanks for your information! The marriage registration of John Nelson Wheeler and Audrey Ward has the information on John Nelson Wheeler's birth year and birth place that I needed to determine that he is not the Nelson Wheeler I am looking for. Although it would be great if he was, I can now settle that possibility and look elsewhere.

Yes, the Nelson Wheeler on the 1940 voting list for Hope Bay, Ontario is the veteran of our interest. Hope Bay (Bruce Co.) is where his mother was from, and he seemed to gravitate there (his parents had been in Innisfil, Simcoe Co., ON) for a few years before the war. After his mother died in 1918, the children were separated and his sisters (now deceased) didn't seem to know much about him nor passed any information they might have had onto their families.

I have been able to find that he enlisted in the Perth Regiment while he was living in the Hope Bay area and now have his service number, enlistment date, etc. From his listing on the Perth Regiment website, his middle name was George. I believe he was born between 1914 and 1918. But I can't find where he went after the war. I've explored some resources in the Hope Bay area, with a bit of information found on his mother's family and a picture of him in a local history book. I've also explored several Nelson Wheeler names enough in a number of locations to determine they are different people. I'll keep looking to see if there are other possiblities. I am now also going to try to obtain the estate file of his father (Sherman Wheeler), who died in Innisfil. Simcoe Co. in 1957, and see if Nelson is mentioned in it with a location at that time.

Thanks so much again for your information! Diana
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DianaGendron5... 26 Nov 2012 3:44PM GMT 
goberge1 27 Nov 2012 11:26PM GMT 
DianaGendron5... 28 Nov 2012 12:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions