Search for content in message boards

Looking for Métis ancestry for COURCHESNE/COURCHENE/COURCHAINE family, Télesphore, Calixte, Jean-Baptise (Narcisse)

Replies: 1

Looking for Métis ancestry for COURCHESNE/COURCHENE/COURCHAINE family, Télesphore, Calixte, Jean-Baptise (Narcisse)

Posted: 9 Dec 2012 12:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Dec 2012 12:15PM GMT
Surnames: Courchene
Hi, I am looking for proof of Métis ancestry from my family. I have found baptismal records, marriage records, death records, census records, but unfortunaly no aboriginal ancestry information. I can resume my family here if anyone can help me with this task (there seems to be many interpretations of the surname Courchesne, therefore I do not know the true spelling) :

- Télesphore Courchêne, born in St-Gabriel de Brandon (QC) 24 June 1897(son of Calixte Courchêne and Louise Allard), married in Field (ON) 12 July 1920 to Marie-Anne Aubin (daughter of Cyrias Aubin & Mélina Bigras). Sépulture in Lavigne (ON) 29 december 1964 age 67 years.

- Calixte Courchêne (son of Jean-Baptiste (Narcisse) Courchêne and Genevière Godin), born in St-Félix de Valois (QC) 07 May 1861 (witnesses Norbert Cloutier and Delphine Bussière), married in St-Gabriel de Brandon (QC) 12 November 1893 to Louise Allard (daughter of Antoine Allard and Odile Pépin). Sépulture in Lavigne (ON) 23 November 1940 age 79 years.

- Jean-Baptiste (Narcisse) Courchêne (son of Geneviève Courchêne [Métis of Abénakis Nation], father unknown), baptised in Louiseville (QC) 12 February 1826 (Witnesses Joseph Brûlé and Marie-Amable Hubert), married under the names Jean-Baptiste Durand 18 October 1842 in Berthierville (witness Cuthbert Martin-Pelland [adoptive father]) (QC) to Geneviève Godin (daughter of Jean Godin and Madeleine Bonin [Métis of Huron Nation]). Sépulture in St-Gabriel de Brandon (QC) 06 February 1905 (witnesses Irené Hénault and Adolphe Champagne).

- Geneviève Courchêne [Métis of Abénakis Nation), mother of Narcisse Courchêne, born in Berthierville (QC) 22 August 1795 (daughter of Joseph Courchène and Marie-Anne Beaufort-Brunel). Died in Berthierville (QC) 29 July 1832.

I am aware of all this information because my great-uncle did research on the family and gathered all this information on a single printed sheet, but without any geneological proof. He passed away some time ago and cannot find his geneological research.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cathy_the_sil... 9 Dec 2012 7:14PM GMT 
daciodan 9 Dec 2012 11:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions