Search for content in message boards

Irish Immigrants to Quebec

Replies: 1

Irish Immigrants to Quebec

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 2:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Duke, Morgan, Gordon
I am flushing out my family tree but I'm having troubles with two families that immigrated to Quebec from Ireland/Scotland in the mid 1800's.

John Duke (Ireland) and Sarah (unknown origin) married somewhere and produced Edward George Duke in Jun 1838 in Bristol, Pontiac County. Edward married Elizabeth McCormack in southern Ontario in 1878.

Elizabeth jane Morgan was born in Quebec around 1838, to Irish parents. While in Quebec, she married James Gordon (b 14 Apr 1820 Scotland). They moved to southern Ontario around 1865.

I have browsed through many reels of FHL microfilm from Quebec churches without luck.

1) I'm not certain where in Quebec these families settled, or what churches they attended. Everybody is Methodist or Presbyterian though.

2) The Quebec church records contain handwriting that is very hard to read, compared to what I've seen in other microfilm. I speak French, but still... c'est très dificile :(

I need some help! I have been to one web site for Irish Quebecers, but I could not find anything helpful there.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dogdocla 21 Feb 2013 9:12AM GMT 
daciodan 21 Feb 2013 3:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic