Search for content in message boards

tracing a metis ancestor ~ Elmire PELLETIER (Agapit & Angele DuFresne)

Replies: 13

tracing a metis ancestor ~ Elmire PELLETIER (Agapit & Angele DuFresne)

pamela clark (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Aug 2004 4:30PM GMT
Surnames: Pelletier, Pelkey, DuFresne, Marsan, Lapierre, Marsil
I am trying to find the ancestors and trace the origin of my great grandmother, Elmire Pelletier (sometimes spelled Pelkey), whom, oral tradition and physical traits would indicate, has full or partial native american origin. I have information on her birth and marriage in Lanaudiere area of Canada: She was born, the daughter of Agapite Pelletier and Angele DuFresne, August 20, 1844 or 1845, 'on the mountain' (relative to Joliette, Quebec), and married to my great grandfather, a lumberjack, Narcisse Marsan dit Lapierre, on August 19, 1861, in St. Charles Borromee parish, Joliette. I have no further recorded information on her family. I am able to trace most of my great grandfather's family back to France, and they include Regiment de Carignan ancestors. My great grandparents emigrated to Enfield, Connecticut, with their (they had had 8 at that time) children in about 1880. Their children, in order, were named Napoleon, Josephine, Agapite, Cordelia, William, Fred, May Eva, Joseph, Elizabeth (my grandmother), and Laura. Is anyone reading this message aware of connections of Agapite Pelletier and/or Angele DuFresne? Or Pelletiers in the Joliette area? What indian tribe or tribes my Pelletier (Pelkey) ancestors in the Joliette area might have been connected with? I can supply much more information on the great grandfather's family if that would be helpful. For example, my great grandfather's parents were Pierre Marsan dit LaPierre and Catherine Marsil (Mercille)married at St. Paul parish in Joliette on June 4, 1821, and my great grandfather was born on February 25, 1834 in Joliette. Thank you.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pamela clark 17 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT 
lauritamiller... 13 Aug 2001 6:50PM GMT 
Dee Pelletier/Saulnier 28 Jun 2005 5:44PM GMT 
LMThistle 6 Sep 2011 1:11PM GMT 
Derek DeVerne... 17 Jul 2012 12:17AM GMT 
DFMathieson 17 Jul 2012 1:21AM GMT 
Derek DeVerne... 17 Jul 2012 1:38AM GMT 
DFMathieson 17 Jul 2012 1:50AM GMT 
Derek DeVerne... 17 Jul 2012 1:58AM GMT 
Derek DeVerne... 17 Jul 2012 2:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions