Ross Family Megantic

Replies: 3

Re: Ross Family Megantic

Posted: 27 Feb 2012 10:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2012 10:52AM GMT
Surnames: McCotter, Sangster
Mr. Ross,
I am only a guest on Ancestry. In doing research for someone else yesterday I was looking into the Sangster background. The Drouin records led me to believe the following information:
Jane McCotter may have been a married name. There were documents signed by people with the last name "Church" which made me wonder if that was her maiden name.

It appeared to me she was married to a "William McCotter" and had a child with him named John McCotter or McCutter in the records in 1826.
I found a burial for William McCotter in 1827.
In 1828 a Jane McCotter (records show as "James" instead of Jane) married my ancestor bachelor John Sangster (1785-1858) and indicated she was a widow. It then appears she died soon...
A wedding in 1831 indicate John Sangster the widower marrying Helen Stein (records show her as Eleanor Stean on marriage, also as Helaine, and Ellen in Census records) Followed her to living with her daughter Mary(Sangster)Tuckett, and next door to both her son John & other daughter Ellen(Sangster)Cummings/Comming/Cumins.

Your research has me wondering if we are talking about the same Jane McCotter woman, or a generational gap. If you find anything further, please let me know. I don't have any "Ross" information, but would appreciate if you have further information to bridge the gaps in my research.
Sincerely
AnjSangster@yahoo.ca
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
der1r 30 May 2011 6:11AM GMT 
YvetteHetu08 6 Jul 2011 10:58PM GMT 
der1r 14 Oct 2011 6:29PM GMT 
anjsangster 27 Feb 2012 5:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic