Search for content in message boards

Catherine Burhart (1813) d/o John

Replies: 1

Objet : Catherine Burhart (1813) d/o John

Posted: 15 May 2013 4:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Bonjour,

Your request goes back a while but I noticed there was no answer. I happen to have this information in my files. The act can be found on the Family Search website in the Quebec Non-Catholic parish registers section (Sorel, Church of England in Canada).

It reads as follows :

Page Eleventh

Baptised this twenty seventh day of September One thousand eight hundred and twelve Catherine Daughter of John Burhart Farmer at Pot à Beurre & of Catherine his wife - born on the twentieth Inst. The sponsors were Catherine Allen, Mary Lowe & Aaron Allen all of this place.

John Jackson
Rector

The mark of John Burhart X
The mark of Catherine Allen Godmother X
Catherine Nelson proxy for Mary Low Godmother
Aaron Allen

Catherine (the wife) was Catherine Plass not Ploss. She was the daughter of Peter Plass (whose name is often frenchified into Pierre Plasse in some documents), a Loyalist soldier of German descent from New York state who settled near Sorel after the Independence War, and of Marie Anne Lefort (my 4th greatgrandfather’s sister). As you can see I am not directly related to John Burhart, but I have his marriage act as well as some data on the Plasses and the Leforts, if you are interested.

Regards,

Marie José R.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mushers02091 19 Oct 2002 3:41PM GMT 
biancavich 15 May 2013 10:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions