Search for content in message boards

Shevlin/Bannon,, Qc

Replies: 8

Re: Shevlin/Bannon,, Qc

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 9:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
I have been researching the Bannon line off and on for a few years now, it is difficult and there are gaps here and there. The worst problem is the fact that they keep using the same names over and over in every generation. I found the papers where they put in for a land grant, it is dated 1821 and there was Patrick 33 yrs. old, married with 1 son and 2 dau. then Thomas,29, married with 1 dau., then James,34, married with 1 son and 1 dau., then Edward,27, married with 1 son and finally John,26, married with 1 son. Whether or not they all got land, I don't know, but it is about that time that Patrick, James and John seemed to have come here for land. Maybe the others stayed in Rawdon or went elsewhere,Ontario or the USA, I don't know. Bill Bannon's grandparents are James Bannon and Bridget Shevlin, but he has no idea who James' parents were. He had a picture of James and Bridget and he also has an older picture of a Michael Bannon and Johanna McCarthy, age and time wise, they could be the parents of James, but I have no proof of anything. The Huntingdon website has great records for the protestant births,etc. but there is not much for the Catholic records and the Bannons were Catholic. James was born in/or about 1851 and he died in 1928. Michael was born in 1822 and died in 1883. I am sure that Michael is a son of one of the five Bannon boys that were mentioned on the land grant, but which one I don't know. Bill's father was named James Edward Bannon, but the Edward mentioned on the land grant never seemed to have come here. Bill knew she was from Rawdon and he also remembers hearing about her mother and the Rev. Woods. So it is possible that James was visiting Uncles and Aunts in Rawdon and he met Bridget. Are there any Bannons in Rawdon now??
Mary Lou
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
louisemarsan 22 Jan 2006 1:37AM GMT 
maryannerober... 24 Jan 2013 4:05AM GMT 
willowblue6 4 Feb 2013 4:08PM GMT 
louisemarsan 4 Feb 2013 4:50PM GMT 
willowblue6 5 Feb 2013 4:44AM GMT 
louisemarsan 6 Feb 2013 7:13PM GMT 
willowblue6 7 Feb 2013 8:22PM GMT 
joe o''neill 18 Jun 2013 8:33AM GMT 
louisemarsan 26 Jul 2013 1:37AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions