Search for content in message boards

baptism lookup St Antoine Abbe - Toussaint Moise, s/o Toussaint Moise and Marie Tremblay

Replies: 0

baptism lookup St Antoine Abbe - Toussaint Moise, s/o Toussaint Moise and Marie Tremblay

Posted: 1 Apr 2012 8:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Moise, Moyse, Tremblay
I`d appreciate someone`s help in looking up a baptism record on my great grandfather. His name is Toussaint Moise/Moyse,later known as Stephen Joseph Moise/Moses. He was born March 8, 1867 in Churubusco,NY. His parents were Toussaint Moise/Moyse and Marie Tremblay from Saint Martine. The family also belonged to St Joachim in Chateauguay and St. Antoine Abbe. Since there wasn`t a catholic church in Churubusco until 1870, perhaps the family brought Toussaint back to Quebec to be baptised.
I am also looking for the baptism of Toussaint`s mother, Marie Tremblay. Her parents are Belanie Tremblay and Julienne Moise. Since the family was living in the St Martine,St Antoine Abbe area, she would have been baptised in one of these parishes. The earliest record I have on Marie Tremblay is at age 7 in the 1861 census Saint Antoine Abbe, filmc1274lds0517369. She is living with her parents, Belanie and Julienne Moise and sibblings, Isidore age 3 and Leocadie age 2. Any information to help me in finding these records would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..

Find a board about a specific topic