ABRAHAM BAILLARGEON, was born about 1850 probably in Quebec Province, Canada.
He was married first to Victoria Caron in Redford, New York, USA, on January 28, 1866. Witnesses were M. Caron and A. Baillargeon. Victoria died before 1877.
He was still a resident of Redford, Ny when he was married second in the church of St. Romain (Diocese of Valleyfield), Hemmingford, Huntingdpm County, Province of Quebec, Canada on September 17, 1877 to Marie Louise Boulrice, oldest daughter of Joseph Boulrice, a farmer (cultivateur) and Margarite Lerigee de La Plante.
Witnesses to the marriage were Joseph Boulrice, brother of the bride, Adele Baillargeon, sister of the groom, Antoine Boulrice Louis Baillargeon and others.
Abraham is listed in 1879 on AntoineÂ’s Baptismal record as a "journalier", which was a farm worker. In 1883 he was listed as a "cultivateur", and in 1888 he was listed as a day laborer.
They had six children: 1) Mari Joseph Moyse (or Moise) Clement Abraham Baillargeon was born on April 14, 1887 in Hemmingford, Quebec., and baptized on April 25 at St. Romain. He baptismal record names him as Mari Joseph Moise Baillargeon.
2) Joseph Georges Baillargeon, baptized on July 12, 1878 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada. He died on June 16, 1881 at the age of three in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada. He was interred in the cemetery at St. Romain Parish.
3) Marie-Belzimire Baillargeon, born on May 25, 1883 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada, and baptized on May 26 at St. Romain.
4) Adele Baillargeon, born on May 17, 1881 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada, and baptized on May 21 at St. Romain.
5) Antoine Baillargeon, was born on December 26 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada and baptized on December 28, 1879 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada at St. Roman..
6) Marie Louise Baillargeon, born in November 1888 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada, and baptized on November 16 at St. Romain.
Mari JOSEPH MOYSE CLEMENT ABRAHAM BAILLARGEON, was born on April 14, 1887 in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada. He was married at St. JosephÂ’s Church in Burlington, Vermont on May 13, 1907 to Aldea Olivier, daughter of Ildege Olivier and Lucie Brasseur. He was 20 and she was 19. (Marriages of St. Joseph Parish, Burlington, Vermont 1834-1930).
JOSEPH ABRAHAM MOYSE BAILLARGEON, was born on May 14, 1908 (a year and a day after his parentÂ’s wedding) in Hemmingford, Quebec, Canada. He was married in Montpelier, Vermont, October 27, 1937 to Lillian Badger, daughter of Edward Rosaire. They decided to use the name Badger as their family name.