Search for content in message boards

Currier/Spooner/Cuillerier

Replies: 2

Currier/Spooner/Cuillerier

Posted: 9 May 2012 9:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Augustin Cuillerier married Angelique Raymond on 8/4/1806 in Les Cedres. They are my ggg grandparents. Their daughter, Mary Francoise (Sophia) Currier (my gg grandmother) married William Sharlow and moved to Brasher Falls, St Lawrence Co., NY.

I believe I have found Augustin and Angelique on the 1850 Town of Brasher, St Lawrence County, NY Census. They are listed as "Hugh and Angeline Spooner." The census indicates he was born in 1778 and she in 1780. They resided with Angelique's nephew, Martin Raymo. The names Currier and Spooner are both derived from the French surname, Cuillerier and these variations are found throughout different church and census records.

I am searching for info on Hugh Currier b. 1812 in Canada. He is found in several of the Brasher census records. I believe he is the son of Augustin Cuillerier and Angelique Raymond (my ggg grandparents) but can find no proof. According to records of St. Patrick's Church in Hogansburg, NY. Hugh was married to Harriet Faubert/Fobare b. 1817. He had several children that lived in Brasher Falls and Massena, St Lawrence County, New York.

I have found an Augustin Cuillerier b. 1814 in the parish registers of Les Cedres. The page is so washed out that I cannot make out the names of his parents. I cannot find the marriage between Hugh/Augustin Cuillerier/Currier to Harriet Faubert. Has anyone else researched this family? Any suggestions? Are there any other sources out there for the Baptismal records of Les Cedres?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
vcutrie1 10 May 2012 3:47AM GMT 
joyness1 16 May 2012 11:37AM GMT 
vcutrie1 17 May 2012 2:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions