Search for content in message boards

Dyke descendants in Montreal & Toronto, Canada

Replies: 3

Dyke descendants in Montreal & Toronto, Canada

Posted: 20 May 2012 1:57PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
I am the Grandson of Ernest Harold Dyke and I live in Shropshire, England. I am trying to trace descendants from my Grandfather’s side of the family living in Toronto and Montreal, Canada.

Here are some facts about the family:

My Grandfather’s Brother, Herbert Jeffrey Dyke (1884 – 1974), my Great Uncle, was born in Langley Burrell, Chippenham, Wiltshire, England and immigrated with his wife and son to Canada in Dec 1912. He was a Mechanical Engineer and worked for the Union Pacific Railway in Canada and he is buried in Toronto, Ontario.

Florence Mabel Dyke (Ham) (1885 – 1939) was born St Saviour, Southark, London, Surrey, England and she is buried in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Florence and Herbert married June 1909, Kensington, London, England;

Herbert and Florence had four children:
Colin Herbert Dyke (1911 - ?) born 07 May 1911 in Liverpool, Lancashire, England and died (no date) in Longueuil, Quebec, Canada. He was married to Mrs D Dyke (no other details known).

Daisy Elizabeth Dyke (1917 – 1993) born Montreal, Quebec, Canada and she is buried in Toronto, Ontario, Canada;

Phyllis Florence Dyke born about 1915, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

John Morley Dyke, born about 1921, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. He was married but I don’t know any other details regarding his wife.

My Great Uncle Herbert had many visits back to England and I remember meeting him in 1956 when he came over to see his brothers and sisters. He lived at 88 Woodside Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (well he lived there in 1945). Another address I have is for Colin Herbert Dyke which is 7 Argyle Ave, St Lambert PQ, Montreal, Canada (well he lived there in 1942). Yes, I know a long time ago, but it may ring some bells.

I know he had a granddaughter who lived in Montreal and again I met her when she visited my Grandparents and Parents in Shifnal, Shropshire, England, this would be about 1969 or 1970, unfortunately I can’t remember her name.

I did think about advertising in the newspaper, but not sure which are the best ones to use; can anyone help?

I am looking to connect with family members. Please feel free to contact me.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pdyke11 20 May 2012 7:57PM GMT 
gervaistwig2 16 Jun 2012 12:00PM GMT 
pdyke11 17 Jun 2012 10:40PM GMT 
cdyke52 20 Feb 2013 1:46AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic