Search for content in message boards

Marriage in Montreal

Replies: 50

Re: Marriage in Montreal

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jan 2013 10:31PM GMT
Thank you :) , you've been very kind!

Certainly enjoyed researching this family group, and I do know that more is to be discovered....

A number of Sansone's ended up in South America !! Especially Argentina. Even migrated to Australia in later years.

If you google Argentina / Brazil / Colombia Immigration - search results should lead you to their data bases website… A huge number immigrated in the 1880's…

You should check it out.

You won't see the actual passenger list.. just textual data…

It is very time consuming to search though. If you can piece together a family group, you may get the passenger list you are looking for...

There is a gap somewhere in the time-line... and questions do need to be answered..

Sometimes, I feel that some vital information is missing somewhere.. which is making this quite the challenge. I don't have all the facts.

I do feel that Maria's father could have remarried..

But I do have to say that just finding

Girolamo's parents matrimony record,
Girolamo's birth records,
his twin brother's birth record,
his mother's death record,
Girolamo's passenger list,
Mariangiola's birth record,
Her parent's matrimony records,
elusive census records,
and discovering George's mother's name

is quite the progression.. and in just a few days..

As for locating the passenger list and marriage records, in time I guess... in time...

Reading records from the "Drouin" collection is also time consuming. There are an incredible amount of records that have just the given name only - indexed. They also have the wrong "Place of Worship" indexed.. important information I would say.. just sloppy indexing.. Many need to be corrected. My French has certainly improved though.

I admit, I haven't started to look all that much for the passenger lists and marriage record.. but I invite someone else to take up the rest of the research challenge.

I will be updating the time-line as promised as it paints a better picture of their life in Canada..

Best of luck with your research :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lovethefalls 5 Jan 2013 5:16AM GMT 
lovethefalls 5 Jan 2013 5:16AM GMT 
LostQuays 5 Jan 2013 7:38AM GMT 
lovethefalls 5 Jan 2013 12:25PM GMT 
LostQuays 5 Jan 2013 6:23PM GMT 
lovethefalls 6 Jan 2013 11:21AM GMT 
lovethefalls 6 Jan 2013 2:32PM GMT 
LostQuays 6 Jan 2013 7:35PM GMT 
lovethefalls 8 Jan 2013 1:08AM GMT 
LostQuays 8 Jan 2013 4:59AM GMT