Search for content in message boards

Burnell Family: Tramping Lake Area: Scott & Revenue

Replies: 12

Re: Burnell Family: Tramping Lake Area: Scott & Revenue

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edward was my grandfather.....he may have been in Revenue when first arrived in Canada but he had a homestead in Unity, Sask where he married Elizabeth Campbell (known in the area as Betty) they had 4 children, Jack,Ruth,Albert and my father Ken. Elizabeth died when my dad was 5. He then married Elsie Hartley who had come over (from England) as a housekeeper for his young family. They married and also lived in Unity for many years on the homestead there. they and their 5 children together moved to Kelowna when their youngest was in high school. The balance of that family is still in Kelowna. My father Ken and his brother Albert both served in WW2 and visited family while in England.

I have only just learned about Alfred - they eventually settled in Seattle and now I believe most of them are located in the Vanc area, I am not sure if anyone is left in Seattle. It appears that Hilda did die in Sask - and the timing seems to indicate it was during the great flu epidemic of 1918. My tree is named "Claire Burnell Family Tree".......I am still trying to figure out how I can invite others to view my tree - hope this helps......
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
japeterson158 30 Apr 2012 4:11AM GMT 
cgourlie62 30 Apr 2012 5:07AM GMT 
burnellh_1 2 May 2012 3:27AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic