Search for content in message boards

Name change ANDRES to ANDREWS by DEED POLL

Replies: 5

Re: Name change by DEED POLL

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 7:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thanks for the links. I have been to the MacNutt site many times and own the book "Those Were the Days The History of MacNutt". In building my family tree I had entered all of the great uncles names as Andres and their sons and daughters as Andrews. When my uncle viewed the tree he asked why all the great uncles were listed as Andres because he only ever knew his dad and uncles as Andrews. Which brought up the question of when the name was officially changed. Family history suggests that the name was changed because of the German connotation it had which was not looked well upon at that time in the world but of course no one is still alive to say for sure why it was changed. If you look in the book History of MacNutt there is a story of my Great Grand Parents Rudolph and Elizabeth Andres. Their death certs. have their names listed as Andres. They were the parents of many of the boys that changed their names to Andrews. The earliest record I have of the name being Andrews is a 1927 marriage cert. of my grandparents. My grandfather was born in 1900 and was the oldest son with 12 brothers and sisters so I am assuming the name was changed around 1920-1927
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Doug Andrews 8 Feb 2013 6:29PM GMT 
talbotrail 8 Feb 2013 6:47PM GMT 
dougstree2013 8 Feb 2013 10:31PM GMT 
sstanger1 9 Feb 2013 12:40AM GMT 
talbotrail 9 Feb 2013 1:07AM GMT 
Doug Andrews 9 Feb 2013 2:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions