Search for content in message boards

Esrau Jowett's death & burial (Barr Colonist)

Replies: 5

Re: Esrau JOWETT death & burial (Barr Colonist)

Posted: 22 Sep 2012 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jowett
Hello,

Wow, that was a quick reply. Thanks so much.

As for when Edith and the kids went back to England I have them arriving back in Canada on 30 Mar 1911. I can't see their departure from Canada though.
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=canadianpl&...

I've searched and searched for any records of Esau Jowett travelling after his arrival to Canada in 1903 but have come up empty. I couldn't find his name in Saskatchewan's online death index that includes deaths up to 1917 (whereas I did find two other relatives from the Barr Colonists who died in 1910 and 1915).

Edith is listed as "married" on the 1911 census I see, and also on the ship voyage in 1911 back to Canada – as opposed to "widowed." But where Esau was, I don't know.

My great-grandfather, Robert Arrowsmith, was widowed in 1915 and at some point after that, he and Edith married. From family correspondence many years ago, I recall they married while her boys were still at home. And it seems men didn't stay widows for long...especially if they had kids (Robert had one surviving child).

I live in Alberta, Canada (the province to the west of Saskatchewan). I don't know if I can request the Alberta Archives obtain the microfilm from Saskatchewan's archives, but I will inquire next business day.

It seems for now I have reached a (hopefully temporary!) road block...

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kiarmo 22 Sep 2012 6:55PM GMT 
sstanger1 22 Sep 2012 8:34PM GMT 
kiarmo 22 Sep 2012 11:04PM GMT 
sstanger1 23 Sep 2012 12:07AM GMT 
japeterson158 23 Sep 2012 6:01AM GMT 
kiarmo 23 Sep 2012 2:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic