Search for content in message boards

Rigden family of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Replies: 12

Re: Rigden family of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan

Posted: 12 Dec 2012 7:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rigden Cathcart Wiseman
Hi Chris,

After having checked through my old notes, as I thought, I did not have the original newspaper cutting concerning Stanley Rigden, Anne Ward referred to it in her letter to me in 1996 in which she said she found the obituary notice in her mother’s address book. She transcribed it to me as follows:
“Killed in action RIGDEN. Flight Engineer Sgt. STANLEY J RIGDEN RCAF formerly reported missing April-1944 now presumed killed. Youngest son of Mr & Mrs H Rigden of Moose Jaw, Canada. Deeply regretted by his sorrowing uncle, aunt and cousins, Mr & Mrs J. Cathcart and family, 37 Alfred Street, Ballymena and Aunt Mary, Slatt, Ballymena.”

The obituary was obviously placed in the local newspaper at the time here in Ballymena and a copy cut out and posted off to Anne Ward’s mother in England as a keepsake. Anne Ward’s mother was a daughter of 2nd Lieut. David Andrew Cathcart of the 7th Battalion Royal West Kent Regiment who came from Slatt near Ballymena in Co Antrim. He was killed in action on 13th July 1916, aged 33 and is buried in Maricourt, France.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kararigden 12 Oct 2012 7:47PM GMT 
WesleyJames_C 11 Dec 2012 8:11PM GMT 
WesleyJames_C 12 Dec 2012 2:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic