Search for content in message boards

Looking for relatives of Matthew Doherty

Replies: 7

Re: Looking for relatives of Matthew Doherty

Posted: 10 Aug 2011 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I have been researching my husband's family who are the Roussin's. Your Matthew Doherty was married to Seraphine Roussin, my husband's grandmother was her older sister Marie. She married Joseph (John) Larocque. My husband's mother was Renata (Vera) Viola Larocque.

I had just recently found this post and the book that is mentioned. After reviewing it and talking to my father-in-law he confirmed this was his wife's family. He knew they had moved to that area in Ontario and has visited the Doherty family members in Saskatoon.

You can check my Larocque family tree if you wish to know more of the Roussin family. I would be interested in knowing the names of the Matthew Doherty's family who he sponsored to come over from Ireland. His story struck a cord with me as my own grandfather on my mother's side was also a British Home Child but not until 40 years later than Matthew in 1926. Hard to believe they continued that practice of sending the children here for so long.

Any questions please feel free to ask and I will try my best to help.

Sharon
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jeancavalluzz... 13 May 2010 1:28AM GMT 
japeterson158 13 May 2010 5:23AM GMT 
jeancavalluzz... 13 May 2010 12:15PM GMT 
SharonLeipert 11 Aug 2011 12:18AM GMT 
japeterson158 1 Jan 2013 8:57PM GMT 
jeancavalluzz... 1 Jan 2013 10:04PM GMT 
cb_mamer 17 Feb 2013 4:11PM GMT 
Laurie_Demers 31 Dec 2012 7:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions