Search for content in message boards

Oritsky and name variations

Replies: 7

name variations

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 11:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Nice to hear back from you. I am very familiar with the book about the Rosthern area history. Many branches of my tree are all over that book. One of them is related to the Malinowsky family. One of my grandmothers sisters married a Otto Malinowsky and he changed his family name to Malin at some point. You may find that there was a name change like this in order to "fit in" and Anglicize the family name. My GG grandfather was Philipp Krikau (Krickau) and he was one of the early settlers that brought a school, a church and the hospital to Rosthern. His wife was Katherine Kinzel who was a sister to A.C. Kinzel who also was responsible for the the school etc. along with the others. On the other side my fathers people are Knuth, Markwart, Bredlaw and others. Have you checked on the "Kenmare" school story? If your family was part of the Arma people you may find a trail there. Kenmare was a made up name derived from the above noted families. I have a mystery myself that I have not been able to solve. My Grandfather was a Schutt and he was a hired man for the Knuth's and I have no idea when he or how this came to pass. He married one of the Knuth daughters and I have not been able to find any info on him anywhere except one small reference in the Rosthern history about the marriage. By the way where do you live now? I would like to keep in touch with you off the message board. My email address is: kdkmail@shaw.ca Please reply to that address.
Karen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KSChamberlain 9 Oct 2008 9:20AM GMT 
kdkmail 24 Jul 2011 9:37PM GMT 
KSChamberlain 25 Jul 2011 1:41PM GMT 
kdkmail 25 Jul 2011 5:25PM GMT 
rtrann83 22 Jan 2013 7:46PM GMT 
japeterson158 24 Jan 2013 3:01AM GMT 
sstanger1 26 Jul 2011 8:52PM GMT 
KSChamberlain 29 Jul 2011 2:08PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic