Search for content in message boards

What happened on October 12, 1694 in Aguascalientes?

Replies: 0

What happened on October 12, 1694 in Aguascalientes?

Posted: 12 Sep 2013 9:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Romo de Vivar-Lopez de Elizalde
For ten years I've been trying to figure out what happened on October 12, 1694 in Aguascalientes, Mexico in my family.

Today I figured out what occurred. This is how I see it:

Andres Romo de Vivar Tiscareno de Molina born about/nacido acerca 1675 Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes or Rincon de Romos, Aguascalientes

Maria Lopes de Elizalde, also spelled Lopes de Lisalde born about/nacida acerca 1676 Aguascalientes

Andres Romo de Vivar married/se caso con Maria Lopes de Elizalde October 12, 1694 Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes

Jose Miguel Romo de Vivar Lopes de Elizalde born/nacio October 12, 1694 Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes

Maria Lopes de Elizalde died/murio October 12, 1694 Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes:

"en dose de octubre de mil seissientos y nobenta cuatro fallecio Maria Lopes, espanola in arctiulo mortis, casso con Andres Romo de Vivar, recibio los sacramentos de penitencia, eucaristo, extreme uncion, se enterrio el la parroquial de la villa."

"on the 12th of October 1694 Maria Lopez, Spanish, married to Andres Romo de Vivar died. At the point of death she received the sacraments of confession, communion and last rites, she was buried in the parish cemetery of this town."

Since Andres Romo de Vivar married Maria Lopez de Elizalde on the same day she died, it would appear to me that he did so to make her an honest woman, to legitimize the birth of their son our ancestor, and any other possible children.

The marriage, confession, communion and last rites may have been all performed at once, or in quick succession at her deathbed. Possibly even after she died, probably in childbirth, although there is no recorded cause of death.

Andres Romo de Vivar married second wife Juana Montanez Diaz January 27, 1697 Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes

Juana Dias Montanes buried/enterrada November 17, 1705 Aguascalientes

Widower Andres Romo de Vivar.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions