Search for content in message boards

Pompa, Payan

Replies: 0

Pompa, Payan

Posted: 15 Jul 2013 1:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Suastegui, Moraga, Pompa, Buelna, Payan, Arvizu, Lopes de Aro
My 3rd gr grandfather was Joaquin Pompa. In 1819, he marrie a widow, Maria del Carmen Gomez, age 30, in Tepic, Nayarit. He was about 53 years old, and single at the time and gave his place of origin as San Pablo in the Arzobispado de Durango. His parents were Lorenzo Joaquin Pompa and Barbara Payan. He would have been born c. 1767. I believe that the San Pablo he referred to was near Cusihuiriachic. At the age of 5 the family moved to Guadalajara and after some 15 years, to Yezca and on to Cocula where he spent 'considerable time' and met Carmen Gomez. I can find no trace of him in Cusihuiriachic,nor of his parents. Miguel Pompa claimed to be the son of Joaquin and Carmen when he marred in Pitic in 1823. Carmen Gomez could not possibly be his mother as she had been widowed only 3 years when she married Joaquin. Presumably Joaquin was his father. Perhaps he was 'hijo natural' but I cannot find any mention of him before his marriage. A bit of a complicated story, but if it 'clicks' with anyone, please do let me know.

Find a board about a specific topic