Search for content in message boards

Arechiga, Barron, Flores, Cardenas - Texas, Mexico, Spain

Replies: 0

Arechiga, Barron, Flores, Cardenas - Texas, Mexico, Spain

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 3:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arechiga, Flores, Cardenas, Barron
Just getting started on my family tree on my mom's side. She is of Mexican heritage born in Waco, McClennan Coounty, Texas. The info I have compiled so far is not verified, so if you have anything that sounds similar, I'd like to hear from you.

My grandfather was Florentino Joseph Barron. Florentino Barron was born abt 1910 in San Luis Potosi, Mexico. His father was Claro Barron who was b. Mexico abt. 1885, arrived in US in 1912 and living in Waco, Texas in 1930. I do not know his mother's name. Sometime after 1948, Florentino Barron when to live in Chicago, with a brother and his father Claro (I think).

My grandmother was Margaret Arechiga, who married Florentino Barron in Waco TX in 1935. They were divorced in around 1948. Margaret's mother was Agostina "Mary" Flores. I do not know Margaret's father's name (___ Arechiga). Margaret Arechiga's siblings were (sisters) Clara, Mary, Tomie, Betty, Frances and Adela, and (brothers) Dan, Frankie, Fred and Richard.

Agostina "Mary" Flores' parents were Frances Cardenas and maybe Marcello Flores (?). Frances Cardenas father was Bats "Po" Cardenas (Bats - perhaps a diminutive form of Bartolome). My family has a picture of this man -- He may have been from Spain.

Any info you have to share would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic