Search for content in message boards

Salinas-Gomez-Ramirez, Zaragoza/Piedras Negras, Coahuila

Replies: 2

Salinas-Gomez-Ramirez, Zaragoza/Piedras Negras, Coahuila

Posted: 9 May 2013 5:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2013 5:06AM GMT
So I am on a big mission doing my family tree on my mother and fathers side. Which is extremely hard.

My maternal grandparents are Maria Cristina Ramirez (born Feb 6th, 1933), and Rafael S. Gomez(born Feb 4th, 1929). Now the name Salinas is apparently a family name thats linked to Eagle Pass. Some other family relatives said we are of the Salinas family that either founded, or helped build or something with Eagle Pass. The Salinas name I believe is coming from my grandfather Rafael S. Gomez.

Rafael S. Gomez is the son of Eusebia Salinas. Rafael Gomez also has siblings, and they are: Elida, Zulema, Antonio, Salvador, Alicia, Guadalupe, and Oscar. So Eusebia's Mother is Josefa Salinas, and Josefa's father is Felipe Salinas. Now from what I understand, I've been able to find out, is that the farthest back I can go is Felipe's parents are both Librada Gomez de Salinas, and her husband Marcelino Salinas, roughly puts them in the 1820s or so.

Hopefully you all can understand that. lol. So thats pretty much where I am in my search for the Gomez-Salinas line. I dont have very much on the Gomez name. But all I know is that my grandpa Rafael Gomez lived in Zaragoza, Coahuila, but the family came from Eagle Pass and Hacienda Patino,which I know my relatives from there were mixed with Kickapoo/Kikapu Indian, and Spanish blood. my grandma Maria Cristina Ramirez is from Piedras Negras. Now both my grandparents have been to each others towns, so if there are Gomez and Ramirez families in those towns, then maybe you can try to connect some dots with my info. :)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lyss86 9 May 2013 11:02AM GMT 
maria_gomez2 13 Nov 2013 12:02AM GMT 
Ruben Carmona 29 Nov 2013 3:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions