Search for content in message boards

Is the story I was told true? Looking for the Latina side of my family from Tejamen, Durango, Mexico.

Replies: 2

Is the story I was told true? Looking for the Latina side of my family from Tejamen, Durango, Mexico.

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 5:24AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Soto, Quinones, Gracia, Hernandez
I'm looking for "long gone" family from Tejamen. My mom was born there (Herminia) in 1932. Her parents were Maria Quinones (medicine woman of the town), and a man whose last name was Hernandez. He passed away and my grandmother married Jesus Gracia when my mother was very young. The story goes that my abeula's parents Rosa Soto and Juan Quinones were from Spain, and he was a physician. They were quite wealthy with land and cattle, but then lost everything in the war. My great grandfather was killed, and my great-grandmother was never the same again, and unable to care for herself, much less anyone else. Being the only girl child, my abuela took over the house-keeping/cooking duties at 7 years old. I'm pretty sure she had at least one brother, and I think his name was Gilberto. Well, if anyone can help at all to fill in blanks I would appreciate it so much. If the "Spanish immigrant" thing is true, I think it would be great fun to try and trace that. I'll end with sharing how proud I am to be a first generation American, with a wonderful family from Tejamen, Durango, Mexico.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
123Hudson123 18 Feb 2012 12:24PM GMT 
mirnc76 8 Mar 2012 5:53AM GMT 
Rodriguez_Sot... 21 Jun 2013 9:15PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions