Search for content in message boards

list of senators/congressman

Replies: 0

list of senators/congressman

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 4:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perez , Valdes
Hi all--

I'm trying to help my husband with his family tree. Unfortunately, he doesn't know all that much about his family. We know that his grandparents (both deceased) Luz Marina Perez and Francisco Valdes had their first child in 1941 in the Federal District (Mexico City). Luz Marina Perez' father was a senator from the Yucatan and the family relocated to Mexico City. He was assassinated not too long after they relocated she stayed and was a musician for a bit to help earn money before marrying.

My family immigrated to the US so I had more to go on. His father's side of the family never immigrated and as far as I know, never visited the US until at least the 1970s.

Any thoughts on where I should start? I was looking for a list of senators to try and figure out more info on her father, but haven't been able to locate one. One of my major drawbacks (other than not much info) is that I can't read Spanish. I can have my husband help translate though - he's fluent in Spanish (reading and writing).

Thank you in advance!

Erin

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions