Search for content in message boards

Ortega from Pitiquito, Sonora

Replies: 35

Re: Ortega from Pitiquito, Sonora

Posted: 2 Jul 2014 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lamadrid, Quiroz, Sotelo, Richards, Caius
My grandmother Rosa Sotelo was from or had family in Pitiquito. She married Francisco Quiroz Y Mora from Caborca. Since the towns were so small and are so close, it is likely we are related.

I was in Pitiquito about 10 years ago with a tour from Tucson run by the Ronstadts. The church was locked be we were able to get in. Like most of the old churches in Mexico, it was in bad need of maintenance. The purpose of the Ronstadt tours was to raise money for the preservation of the churches but it is too dangerous now to enter the area so the tours are no longer run.

My grandmother on my fathers side was Concepcion Lamadrid. She was born in Caborca about 1855. There are no Lamadrids in the Caborca phone book but my guess is that the Lamadrids shorted the name to Madrid.

There is a town in northern Spain by the name of Lamadrid. I went there last month but there were no Lamadrids there. There was an abundance of Lamadrids in a near by town.

Do you know anything about the Lamadrids or of the Caius families in that area. My great grandmother maiden name was Caius. She married my great grand father Dr. Alexander Richards a surgeon in Caborca.

Unfortunately all my relative in the US that could help are dead now.

Any information you have will be appreciated.

Henry Richards
cepa@ix.netcomcom
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dmluevano 19 Sep 2011 12:55AM GMT 
HenryRichards... 2 Jul 2014 9:48PM GMT 
EdRomero20 30 Jul 2014 11:38PM GMT 
Jaalmada 14 Aug 2014 5:02PM GMT 
EdRomero20 22 Sep 2014 2:50AM GMT 
Jaalmada 24 Sep 2014 5:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic