Search for content in message boards

Emilio Manautou of Matamoros and his descendants

Replies: 3

Emilio Manautou of Matamoros and his descendants

Posted: 26 Mar 2013 3:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Mar 2013 4:19AM GMT
Surnames: Manautou, Manoutou, Manaton, Manauton, Garcia, Lafon,
As a companion to my post on Ramon Lafon of Matamoros, I wanted to start a thread here about another French expatriate to the city of Matamoros, Emilio Manautou. There is a little bit about him online but mostly just what is listed on the FamilySearch.org Mexican baptism and marriage indexes.

I will be updating this post with more information on his family as I scan the parish records. One of his grandsons, Enrique Manautou, migrated to Texas.

I have seen an exact birth date/place floating around the internet for Emilio (1802 in the city of Strasbourg France), but I have not yet found the source for this. His marriage record is sparse (in fact not even stating his LAST name), and his death record does not give a birth place.

I am also interested in reaching out to members of the Manautou family, both the Texan and Mexican branches of it.
There also seems to be a Puerto Rican Manautou family, but I am unsure if there is any relation to the family of Emilio (doubtful).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dmaxwell81 26 Mar 2013 9:35AM GMT 
Cesar Maldona... 26 Sep 2013 5:21AM GMT 
dmaxwell81 26 Sep 2013 5:43AM GMT 
Cesar Maldona... 10 Jan 2014 6:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions