Search for content in message boards

Gregorio Farias and Josefa Longoria, Matamoros, Tamaulipas

Replies: 2

Gregorio Farias and Josefa Longoria, Matamoros, Tamaulipas

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farias, Longoria
I have seen multiples times reference to Gregorio Farias and Josefa Longoria being married. Often they are referred to Gregorio Farias Trevino and Josefa Eulogia Longoria. Usually, they are referenced to have married abt 1801. I doubt this date as she probably would have been very very young. The Seabury papers list her birth as 19 Mar 1794. I have been unable to find any source that they are the two specific people that married. A Gregorio and Josefa had several children in the Matamoros area starting in the 1817. ( one being my gggrandfather) If it was Josefa Eulogia Longoria, then her father was probably Ramon Longoria. If Gregorio is in fact a Farias Trevino, then his parents may have been Gregorio Valentin Farias and his mother Manuela Trevino from Camargo. Does anyone have any source evidence of this marriage? Maybe a reference in a will, or family records not available to the public. It would certainly help me through a brick wall. It is easy to assume the connection, but I try to avoid that. Thank you in advance to anyone that may be able to help.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Raul Gonzales 16 Apr 2013 4:23AM GMT 
MyDiscoNeedsM... 27 Aug 2013 4:32AM GMT 
Raul Gonzales 31 Aug 2013 2:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions