Search for content in message boards

Rodriguez/Marin Families Updated

Replies: 1

Rodriguez/Marin Families Updated

Posted: 11 May 2013 9:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Aug 2014 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Marin/Rodriguez
Looking for information on my Rodriguez and Marin side. Older family members have said my ggf and gf had been in Piedras Negras area for some time and then left in about 1910 to Texas.

Some also say his family came from the Yucatan.

I have the names, I don't know if that is all the name that they might have had or it is part of the name? My great grandfather was called Isidro Rodriguez b. abt 1841-42 in Mexico my grandfather on his naturalization papers shows he was in the USA in 1910 and he came with the family.

His mother was called Concha, Concepcion Marin, the daughters were Martina and Paula. Martina married in Texas to a Valdez. My grandfather tried one time to find sister Paula without luck when he was a senior citizen.

Isidro died in 1938 in San Antonio Texas. I have Isidro's death certificate and nothing is listed for mother or father. Maria Concha Concepcion Marin b. 1874-1875, it was said she was from Spain, although on her death certificate it said Mexico. Her father which on the death certificate show the names of Orosco/Oroso Marin and Loreto Unknown were suppose to have come to Mexico, because at the time the economy or conditions in Spain were not good. The family had moved a lot in Mexico and in San Antonio Texas. Other places the family had been was Ciudad Victoria my grandfather Jose, being born there Jan 9, 1896. Maria Concepcion Marin it was said that she was born about 1874-75 and from Spain although on the death certificate shows Mexico but family says that it wrong it should be Spain. I have about 4 trees going with this information on it. If anyone has new information or it resembles their tree, contact me please.

I know that my grandfather had the middle initial R., but I don't know if it was a middle name or another surname. The children could have been listed in Mexico as Rodriguez Marin.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Virginiars123 12 May 2013 3:12AM GMT 
Virginiars123 21 Nov 2013 11:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic