Search for content in message boards

SAENZ RUBIO GARCIA | SAN FERNANDO TAMAULIPAS MEXICO & BROWNSVILLE TEXAS

Replies: 0

SAENZ RUBIO GARCIA | SAN FERNANDO TAMAULIPAS MEXICO & BROWNSVILLE TEXAS

Posted: 19 Aug 2013 1:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SAENZ RUBIO GARCIA
Do we share relatives? Luckily San Fernando isnt too big so hopefully I can find other descendants.

Family Locations: matamoros, mexico, tamaulipas, brownsville, texas, RGV, South Texas

About My Family: My great grandmother raised me in Brownsville, Texas. Rosa Saenz born to Jesus Saenz Jr and Eulalia Rubio in Matamoros Tamaulipas Mexico. She had 9 brothers and sisters she hid from us her whole life, so Im out searching for their children or grandchildren... Her daughter was born in brownsville, who then had mymom in brownsville, where me and my 2 sisters and brother were also born. My mother married into the Lopez family.

Maybe connection somewhere? lol if not maybe our greatgreat grandparents were cousins in Mexico back in the 1800s

Shes too old to recall any helpful details, so I am trying to track down a general layout of facts about my family tree and history. Then I plan to use that to guide my other learnings.

Theres also a rumor that my Grandpa on my moms side was descent of Native American, and my family is imagining its Cherokee or another popular tribe.

I am more realistic and suspect Coahuiltecan blood if there is any truth to that.
Coahuiltecan is the name given to hundreds of small Indian groups who lived in northern Mexico and south Texas. The hunter-gatherers found themselves caught in the middle between Spanish colonizers and Apache raiders. Due to these pressures and disease, their population went into a steep decline during the early Spanish period, and little is known of their culture or way of life. A large number of the survivors gathered in Spanish missions for protection from the Apaches. By 1800, most of the remaining Coahuiltecans had merged with other tribes or intermarried with the Hispanic population.

We also have green eyes on that side of the family, so it causes more curious searches as to whats going on in my blood. Im of excellent health, appropriate weight-to-height ratio, no known allergies, and no major injuries or illnesses my whole life. I have never broken a bone or had major surgery. The medical faults in my family are: Glaucoma, Diabetes, Cervical Cancer, Uteran Cancer, Liver Disease [due to alcoholism] and poor vision. Mental illness also occurs in the form of Bipolar, Depression, and Schizophrenia.

Im C1B2 Halpogroup Maternal, I do not have paternal results at the time. My Global Similarity to DNA is to the people of Hazāra (Persian: هزاره‎) are a Persian-speaking people who mainly live in central Afghanistan. They comprise the third largest ethnic group of Afghanistan, forming up to 19% of the total population. More than 650,000 Hazara live in neighbouring Pakistan (mostly settled in Quetta) and an estimated one million in Iran.

This raises more questions. I suspect less Spanish blood, more native north american.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions