Search for content in message boards

Diaz de Leon Family History

Replies: 181

Diaz de Leon Family History

Omar Diaz de Leon (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 2005 8:59AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, my name is Omar Diaz de Leon and I live in Sugar Land Texas. Ican give you a liitle of information on our last name.
The Diaz de Leon family established itself in Mexico in the early 1600's coming from Spain to settle in the new conquered lands. They came through Cuba and entered Mexico through Veracruz and finally establishing in a small town of Zacatecas called "La Monteza". It is here in this town where the family split into two major flows. One family going to San Luis Potosi and the other family going to Zacatecas. I'm from the family that went to Zacatecas into a place called "Boquillas". There is an old man in the town of La Monteza, his name is Jose Diaz de Leon nickname "Chepito". He is probably the most literate person that knows about the history of the family. Actually, I know the history myself because I've met him last year. He has the family tree since the first Diaz de Leon's that came into Mexico in the 1600's. I represent the 8th generation from that tree. I was impressed with the level of accuracy this man created the family tree. I found my grandfather's name in there. his name was Elias Diaz de Leon Soto and wife Josefina Montanez.
I have pictures of the family tree where you can zoom in and find your grandparents and back. Send me a msg with your email address and I'll send you the picture.

Best Regards,
Omar Diaz de Leon
o-diaz@ti.com
odiaz@netscape.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Omar Diaz de Leon 13 May 2005 2:59PM GMT 
Daniel Diaz de Leon 13 Jul 2005 11:45PM GMT 
andres diaz d... 12 Jan 2009 1:34AM GMT 
andres diaz d... 29 Jun 2009 6:57AM GMT 
cabra_l 16 Jul 2009 8:33PM GMT 
brianonis 16 Apr 2011 11:58AM GMT 
tino92883 14 Aug 2009 11:25PM GMT 
andres diaz d... 11 Sep 2009 12:24AM GMT 
andres diaz d... 12 Sep 2009 12:53AM GMT 
brianonis 16 Apr 2011 11:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions