Search for content in message boards

Nicolai Knudsen

Replies: 3

Nicolai Knudsen

Posted: 3 Sep 2012 4:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Knudsen, Jensen
Hello,

Im helping a friend to find out more about his great grandfather who went to the US. This is what I have found so far. Nicolai Knudsen came to the US in 1901 on the Cunard Line ship Etruria. Here he met Josefine Jensen, who came to the states in 1900 on the White Star ship Teutonic. The both travelled from Norway. On his arrival it says he is going to Hoboken.
After what I know the married in the states (havent found this), got 2 children, Marta Knudsen born 07. feb 1904 and Alf K Knudsen born 22. sept 1905. Then it seems that she travelled home to Norway and their third child was born 19. Nov 1906. Josefine and the 3 children travelled back to the US in 1911, reaching New York 7th of June. Person she is joining is listes as her husband Nicolai Knudson with a c/o adr. in Monroe street, Hoboken.
They got a fourth child after this but both the child and Josefine died (havent found this either). The 3 children were sent to the family in Norway while Nicolai stayed. As far as I know he never returned to Norway and never saw the children again.
I've tried to find what happened to hime. I found his draft registration card for both first and second world war. First one he is registered in Tyrone, Pa. Second in Union City, Hudson, NJ. I also found someone I think might be him in the census from 1920 for New York, Kings.

Would love to figure out more about him if possible, marriage, death, birth of children, remarried etc.

Thanks in advance!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lilsilja 3 Sep 2012 10:22PM GMT 
kumeyaayindia... 4 Sep 2012 6:04PM GMT 
lilsilja 4 Sep 2012 7:35PM GMT 
barbdale_1 6 Sep 2012 1:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions