Search for content in message boards

Cecilia Williamson

Replies: 1

Cecilia Williamson

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 7:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Still looking for Cecilia Williamson my great aunt born 1st June 1885 in Holmes Cottage, Uphall, West Lothian. She was the daughter of my great grandparents, Alexander Williamson and Jane Arthur Symons also known as Jessie. I cannot find any trace of her after the 1901 census when she was still with the family.

1901 Census
Cowdenend, Mossgreen, Aberdour Parish

Alexdr WILLIAMSON H M 54 Manager Spirit Trade Boness, Linlithgow, Scotland

Jessie WILLIAMSON W M 54 Falkirk, Stirling, Scotland

James WILLIAMSON S S 25 Coal Miner Motherwell, Lanark, Scotland

Andrew WILLIAMSON S S 18 Asst Spirit Trade Carnwath, Lanarkshire

Cecilia WILLIAMSON D S 15 Uphall, West Lothian

David WILLIAMSON S S 15 Clerk Uphall, West Lothian

Isabella CLAPPERTON V S 62 Galashiels, Selkirkshire

Since my previous postings I have discovered a Cecilia Williamson on the 1911 English Census, details as follows:

Cecilia Williamson, Boarder, Single aged 25, Drapery Saleswoman, born Broxburn, West Lothian. She is living in Cleator Moor, Cumberland with Anne Jane Whalley, Head and her family, John, Janie, Robert.

Could this be my Cecilia. I have checked all sources available to me in the United Kingdom and have assumed so far that she may have emigrated to either the United States or Canada shortly after 1901 or married outside Scotland after that year.

Cecilia is the only sibling of my grandfather James Williamson born 27th June 1875 and died 1st April 1947 in Dunfermline, Fife that I cannot trace.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
douglas1824 24 Apr 2013 1:03PM GMT 
barbdale_1 25 Apr 2013 12:04AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions