Search for content in message boards

who were James B. Ward's parents?

Replies: 130

Re: who were James B. Ward's parents?

Posted: 12 Jan 2007 3:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
All Ancestors listed below, were listed as Eastern Creek Ancestors in the Eastern Creek Docket Claims. 1,592 Elizabeth E. Ward Decendants Applied, most were approved. Well over 1300 were elgible in the claims. 200 Descendants filed under John Ward, they were rejected by the (BIA). I will get you the stats on Nahoga. Most all Jackson Knight Eastern Creek Claims were rejected, yet Peter Knight's Descendants were accepted! James B. Ward did not have but a small number of Claimants. Most all filed under Eliizabeth E. Ward. That seems to be the line that had the proven Indian. At least according to the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and those that sent the documents in.

I would like to answer your question as far as EASTERN CREEK ROLL NUMBERS, HERE THEY ARE:

NAHOGA WARD (EASTERN CREEK ROLL) EC Roll NO. 11032

ELIZABETH E. WARD (EASTERN CREEK ROLL) EC Roll NO. 11147

JOHN WARD (EASTERN CREEK ROLL) EC Roll NO. 11148

JACKSON KNIGHT (EASTERN CREEK ROLL) EC Roll NO. 11068

These are not Tribal Roll Numbers, but they are Eastern Creek Docket Judgement Fund Roll Numbers, Assigned by the (BIA) Bureau of Indian Affairs from 1968 to 1984, to each Individual Eastern Creek Ancestor, who was Identified in Old Creek Nation Treaty Documents, before the Removal West.

All living Eastern Creek Descendants who filed their Claim Applications and Submitted Eastern Creek Ancestry Treaty or Indian Census Documents with all of their Ancestor pedigree charts. These Descendants were each assigned an Individual Eastern Creek Application Number, which was different than their Identified Eastern Creek Ancestor Numbers, they traced
back to, or were connected to by Direct Lineal Descent.

Each Eastern Creek Application was supposed to Contain a Creek Nation 1832 Creek Census Document, or an 1814 Creek Treaty Land Reservation Document, and any Familial Direct Lineal Documents, which contained evidence to (BIA),used to trace back to the Eastern Creek Indian Ancestors who were Identified on those 1814 Creek Treaty Documents or 1832 Creek Indian Census Documents, and were assigned an EC Ancestor Roll Number. Most of those documents were sent back to the Descendant Applicant, after a copy was made!

Three Creek Indian Docket Claim Numbers derived from three Indian Claims Commission Cases that were Awarded to all documented proven and elgible Eastern Creek Descendants. Here are the Docket Numbers. Docket 21, 272 and No. 275.
The Roll Numbers connect the above Eastern Creek Ancestors to Creek Nation Treaty Reservation Documents. I have copies of the Treaty Documents on John Ward, Jack Ward, his Widow and Heirs, Nahoga Ward. Will be happy to post copies at any website who wants them!

The National Archives Special Acts, Record Group 49, has the Treaty of Fort Jackson 1814 Claim Documents for Jack Ward, his Widow and their Heirs, if anyone is interested? The Claim Documents would most likely list the Names of All Heirs, or children of Jack Ward and his Creek Indian Widow.
I know they do with the heirs of the other Eastern Creek Ancestor Treaty Dicuments. This should clear up any of the
questions about how many children they had, and give names of all their children who were living in the year 1814.

Forth Worth Federal Archives, has copies of all the Eastern Creek Descendant Docket Applicants with Pedigree Charts and the actual Applications, if you want to order them, Here is where to contact:

Archives used to charge $10.00 PER Application, kind of expensive. If they have put them all on Microfilm by now, it would be quite less expensive to just purchase the Applications on Microfilmed Rolls. Microfilm price per Roll used to be $45.00 per roll. Each Micro Roll would contain hundreds of Applications, if they have them for sell by now, but they probably won't. You will most likely have to order each Application Individually!

Address YOUR REQUEST FOR ANY EASTERN CREEK DESCENDANT DOCKET APPLICATIONS TO:

The Southwest National Archives
501 West Felix Street, Building 1
Fort Worth, Texas 76115-3405

Mailing Address:
P.O. 6216
Fort Worth, Texas 76115-0216
Email: ftworth.archives@nara.gov

TO HELP YOU, I have copies of the EASTERN CREEK ROLL INDEX, WITH DESCENDANT NAMES AND APPLICATION NUMBERS, OR YOU CAN GET OR ORDER A COPY OF THE COMPLETE EASTERN CREEK DOCKET CLAIMS INDEX FROM THE FORT WORTH ARCHIVES. I have samples of all the above type documents, I can email to you!

GOOD LUCK!
HAPPY HUNTING

STEVE TRAVIS

creekindian1957@yahoo.com

http://blog.myspace.com/easterncreekfamilies
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
melanie gordon 22 Aug 2006 12:58AM GMT 
Kathy Foster 22 Aug 2006 1:33AM GMT 
melanie gordon 22 Aug 2006 10:25AM GMT 
vlbaggott 22 Aug 2006 5:19PM GMT 
lhales181 11 Feb 2007 4:17PM GMT 
genesis404 11 Feb 2007 6:31PM GMT 
lhales181 12 Feb 2007 3:23PM GMT 
vlbaggott 13 Feb 2007 4:32PM GMT 
lhales181 14 Feb 2007 12:17AM GMT 
creekindian19... 12 Jan 2007 10:38AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions