Search for content in message boards

Chief William McIntosh and McIntosh DNA study

Replies: 0

Chief William McIntosh and McIntosh DNA study

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McIntosh, MacIntosh, MacKintosh
Chief William McIntosh is one of the most enduring links to the chieftainship of the highland Clan MacKintosh apart from the Chief of MacKintosh himself. As part of a yDNA study of Glenurquhart McIntoshs (any spelling) I am attempting to identify descendents of the MacKintosh chieftains family to ask if they would be willing to have a yDNA test. The reason is that, of the Glenurquhart families tested, one family have a tradition that they are related to the MacKintosh clan chief from the 1600 - 1700s and I would like to test that. Chief William is thought to have descended from John Mohr Mackintosh who migrated to Georgia and was a relative of the Chief of MacKintosh of that time. If there is a direct male descendent of Chief William who is willing to have yDNA test then I am willing to pay. In our Glenurquhart project I have funded 37 marker yDNA tests with the company Family Tree DNA. So I am willing to do that. The yDNA is passed down from father to son and changes only gradually. The person would have to have a direct male lineage to Chief William and would likely have the McIntosh surname. A descendent of a daughter at any generation would have a different yDNA. If you would like more information please contact me at lochmoigh at xtra.co.nz or reply to this message.
thank you
John Mc

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions