Search for content in message boards

Susan A. Lee

Replies: 3

Re: Susan A. Lee

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello, I saw your post about wanting to know more about the husband of Susan A.Lee. Funny, we have the very same photo you uploaded in 2010 of Susan and her husband. We have names on the back. Her husband in that picture is Lemuel Pruitt Everett. It says their children are: Ada, Safrona, Jackson, Luther & Nettie.
My wife and I have been trying to figure things out with these missing links and got in touch with another member on ancestry.com who also has distant members of a Susan Alma Lee Everett, but says she is the gggranddaughter of Susannah Alma Edwards Lee. We are not sure the connection is solid but this person has mentioned ALL the names you did. I will paste a message below from user jerrynlee. Maybe this person will also be of some help :)

From jerrynlee,
You had names of her sisters that we had been seeking but did not know their married name. Do you know where Sarah, Martha, Eliza, Charity, or Elizabeth, her sisters, may have married and where they were living? The info was a great gift and gave me the push I needed to continue this search. If it is okay with you, I would like to share this with my first cousin who go me interested and has continued for about fifteen years to confirm our existence. Again, my name is Jerry Lee Paasch. My grandfather was the son of William and Susannah Alma Edwards, Lee. He lived out his life in Choctaw Co. and is buried in the Barrytown Cemetery where my own parents and grandparents are buried. His name was James Bruister Lee and he married Margaret Pylant. His son William Greenberry Lee was my grandfather and he too lived out his life in Choctaw.
Vicky, I fail to tell you that our gggrandmother Susannah married a Richard Fox from Silas Al abt 1870. I did find where a William Lee died in 1860 of Consumption. He was in the 1850 census, but not in the 1870.. I been unable to find a marriage certificate for the Fox Lee marriage. I believe that she had know the Fox family from South carolina. He was married five times and had a bunch of children. I am not so sure she was not their caretaker and maid. However others have shown them to have been married. Susannah and her son Moses and Greenberry are buried in Hall Cemetery in Choctaw Co. Note: Susannah's son Greenberry, married Richard Fox's daughter Susan Fox. Richard Fox mother was a Lassiter and there are many of them still living in Choctaw.
My grandparents were Wliam Greenberry Lee and Sarah Elena Mosley Lee. My father was Norman Staples Lee and Mother was Jewel Avanell Adams Lee.
The Lee family has been very difficult due to so many and inter marriages. Does she know any Lee names in her family she might share with me. My family came from South Carolina, thru Arkansas to Alabama. Some left for Texas. I think a daughter Elizabeth and Martha were the two that went to Texas. My gggrandfather was William Lee and my gggrandmother was Susannah Alma Edwards Lee. They had Moses, James Bruister, my ggreatgrandfather, Eliza, Elixabeth, Martha, Susan, Sara and Greenberry.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
F. T. Jackson 4 Jan 2011 2:51PM GMT 
RonnieGoss61 12 Feb 2011 8:05AM GMT 
F. T. Jackson 12 Feb 2011 12:30PM GMT 
ElFowble 11 Jul 2012 9:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions